There’s something about seafood alfredo olive garden recipe, that just seems so indulgent and luxurious. Maybe it’s the creamy sauce, or the fact that you can get it at a casual chain like Olive Garden. No matter what your reasons are, this dish is definitely a crowd-pleaser. And if you’re looking to make it at home, we’ve got all the tips you need. Keep reading to learn how to make your own seafood alfredo masterpiece!
Table of Contents
- 1 Why You Will Love Seafood Alfredo Olive Garden Recipe
- 2 What is Alfredo?
- 3 Ingredients to Make Seafood Alfredo Olive Garden Recipe
- 4 Instructions to Make Seafood Alfredo Olive Garden Recipe
- 5 Seafood Selection
- 6 Modifications and Substitutions
- 7 How to Serve
- 8 Recipe Tips
- 9 Variations
- 10 Storage & Reheating
- 11 FAQs:
- 11.1 How many calories is the seafood alfredo at Olive Garden?
- 11.2 Can I freeze the Alfredo Olive Garden recipe?
- 11.3 What is a good substitute for heavy cream in this dish?
- 11.4 What is Olive Garden alfredo sauce made of?
- 11.5 How much is the shrimp alfredo at Olive Garden?
- 11.6 How much protein is in the seafood alfredo at Olive Garden?
- 11.7 What is the highest calorie food at Olive Garden?
- 11.8 How many calories are in 1 breadstick at Olive Garden?
- 11.9 Can I make Alfredo sauce without cream?
- 11.10 Are there carbs in Alfredo sauce?
- 12 In conclusion:
Why You Will Love Seafood Alfredo Olive Garden Recipe
Many people know Olive Garden for their iconic alfredo sauce. And while it is delicious, I’ve found a way to make an even better version at home.
Of course, homemade alfredo is pretty rich, so I don’t make it too often. But it’s definitely worth the effort when you’re craving something truly special!
One of my favorite ways to indulge in Olive Garden’s alfredo sauce is to add a bit of seafood. Shrimp, scallops, and clams all pair wonderfully with the creamy garlic-infused sauce. I love to use fresh ingredients when possible, though you can also use frozen or canned.
The result is a mouthwatering meal that is sure to impress even the most discerning seafood lovers. All you need are some pasta of your choice, Olive Garden’s classic Alfredo sauce, and your favorite seafood options.
Picked For You: what does sea urchin taste like
What is Alfredo?
Our Copycat seafood alfredo olive garden is a hugely popular dish at the restaurant.
Alfredo is the name of the sauce, and fetticcine is the pasta we use most frequently here in America.
The sauce usually contains butter, cream, and lots of Parmesan cheese, but there can be some variation to that. Because there are only a few ingredients involved, it’s very important to use high-quality ones. That means freshly grated cheese rather than processed from a shaker container
Ingredients to Make Seafood Alfredo Olive Garden Recipe
– 1 lb of Fettuccine
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup white wine
– 1 pint heavy cream
– 2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 lb shrimp or scallops
– 1 cup cooked and shelled clams (optional)
– Chopped parsley for garnish
Instructions to Make Seafood Alfredo Olive Garden Recipe
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Sauté for one minute until fragrant.
3. Add the white wine to the pan and cook until it’s reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour in the cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add the Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 10 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.
6. While the sauce is simmering, cook the shrimp (or scallops) in a separate skillet over medium-high heat with a bit of olive oil.
7. Once the shrimp is cooked through, add it to the sauce along with the clams (if using). Simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Add the fettuccine to the sauce and toss to combine everything. Serve garnished with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
When it comes down to selecting seafood for your Alfredo Olive Garden recipe, you have a few options. Shrimp is the most popular option, but scallops work just as well. Clams can be added for an extra depth of flavor. If you are using frozen or canned seafood, make sure they are defrosted and drained before adding them to the sauce.
No matter what seafood you choose, make sure it is fresh and of high quality for the best results. After all, the flavor of your Alfredo Olive Garden recipe will be determined by the ingredients you use!
So don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations when making this classic Italian dish. With a few simple steps, you can easily create a delicious homemade version that is sure to wow your family and friends! Enjoy!
Modifications and Substitutions
If you don’t eat seafood, you can still make a delicious Alfredo Olive Garden recipe. Simply omit the seafood and add some cooked vegetables such as mushrooms, spinach or zucchini to the sauce.
You can also substitute whole milk or half-and-half for the heavy cream if you’d like a lighter version of this dish. Other cheeses like Gruyere, Asiago or mozzarella are great substitutes for Parmesan cheese as well.
Finally, feel free to switch up your pasta options. Bowtie is another popular choice that works just as well in this dish!
How to Serve
This pasta dish is not only filling but also a complete meal if you serve it with breadsticks or garlic bread. You could similarly serve this easy Alfredo pasta recipe with a salad and my balsamic dressing of choice, or your favorite steamed veggies.
- Prepare your pasta as directed, and while it cooks, you can attend to the rest of this dish.
- If you’re using larger scallops, remember to remove the side muscle if it’s still attached.
- Reserve some Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top later, or garnish with fresh parsley.
- We like serving the extra sauce in small cups or ramekins for dipping too.
This Alfredo Olive Garden recipe would also taste great with lightly toasted bread cubes sprinkled on top.
- For a healthier version of this dish, reduce the amount of cream and cheese used. You can also substitute whole wheat or gluten-free pasta if desired. Enjoy!
- For a healthier seafood Alfredo, use half and half instead of heavy cream.
- You can add crab, salmon, and other seafood to this recipe. Cajun seasoning makes it Cajun Alfredo sauce.
- Stir in some baby spinach at the end for extra veggies.
Storage & Reheating
Store any seafood leftovers in an airtight dish in the fridge, however only for 3-4 days maximum since seafood goes bad quickly. You can reheat your shrimp Alfredo by putting it on a stove over low heat or heating up half power in the microwave until it’s warm again.
How many calories is the seafood alfredo at Olive Garden?
The seafood alfredo dish at Olive Garden has roughly 870 calories per serving.
Can I freeze the Alfredo Olive Garden recipe?
Yes, you can freeze it but be aware that the quality of the sauce may change over time. To preserve its flavor and texture, it’s best to use within 2-3 months of freezing.
What is a good substitute for heavy cream in this dish?
If you’d like a lighter version of this dish, you can substitute whole milk or half-and-half for the heavy cream. Other cheeses like Gruyere, Asiago or mozzarella are great substitutes for Parmesan cheese as well.
What is Olive Garden alfredo sauce made of?
Olive Garden’s alfredo sauce is made with heavy cream, butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic and black pepper. It is a creamy, savory sauce perfect for any pasta dish.
How much is the shrimp alfredo at Olive Garden?
The shrimp alfredo dish at Olive Garden costs around $16.99 per serving.
How much protein is in the seafood alfredo at Olive Garden?
The seafood alfredo dish at Olive Garden has around 40 grams of protein per serving.
What is the highest calorie food at Olive Garden?
The highest calorie dish at Olive Garden is the Tour of Italy, which has 1,920 calories per serving.
Enjoy your homemade Alfredo Olive Garden recipe with
This version of Alfredo sauce is a delicious and decadent treat that’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends! Enjoy!
How many calories are in 1 breadstick at Olive Garden?
One breadstick at Olive Garden typically has around 110 calories.
Can I make Alfredo sauce without cream?
Yes, you can make Alfredo sauce without cream. To do so, simply cook garlic and butter together in a skillet over low-medium heat until lightly browned. Then add Parmesan cheese and some milk to the skillet and stir until it reaches a creamy consistency. Finally, season with salt and pepper before serving! Enjoy!
Are there carbs in Alfredo sauce?
Yes, there are carbohydrates in Alfredo sauce. One serving of traditional Alfredo sauce contains around 5 grams of carbohydrates.
Our Copycat Seafood Alfredo Olive Garden Recipe is a classic Italian staple that never disappoints. With a few simple ingredients and some time in the kitchen, you can whip up a delicious dish that your family and friends will love. Enjoy!
Echo Reed is the owner and head chef of darkhorse restaurant. She has been working in the culinary world for over a decade, and opened her own establishment in 2018. Echo is known for her unique style and approach to cooking, which has won her critical acclaim from food critics and diners alike.