If there is one sauce that can make seafood irresistible, it is garlic butter sauce. This decadent and easy-to-make sauce takes just a few minutes to make and pairs well with any type of seafood. Whether you are whipping up a quick dinner or hosting a special seafood feast, garlic butter sauce is sure to please. Keep reading for the recipe and some tips on How to Make Garlic Butter Sauce for Seafood at home ?
Table of Contents
- 1 Garlic Butter Sauce Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Garlic Butter Sauce for Seafood
- 3 Garlic Butter Sauce For Seafood
- 4 Better than The Boiling Crab or Juicy Crab!
- 5 The best seafood to use for a Cajun seafood boil recipe:
- 6 Collect ingredients for the Seafood Boil:
- 7 Seasonings for seafood boil sauce:
- 8 Can I use an oven steamer bag for a seafood bake?
- 9 Tips for the perfect seafood broil:
- 10 FAQs:
- 10.1 What is garlic butter sauce made of?
- 10.2 What is seafood butter sauce made of?
- 10.3 What is creamy garlic sauce made of?
- 10.4 How do you make garlic butter sauce in the oven?
- 10.5 How do you thicken butter garlic sauce?
- 10.6 What is garlic sauce made of at the Chinese restaurant?
- 10.7 How does Gordon Ramsay make garlic butter?
- 10.8 How long does homemade garlic butter last?
- 10.9 What sauce is made from melted butter?
- 10.10 What is secret sauce made of?
- 10.11 Can you use oil instead of butter for garlic butter?
- 10.12 What is the other name of butter sauce?
- 11 Conclusion for your question :
Garlic Butter Sauce Ingredients
Dairy: If you want, use unsalted butter like I did, or go for ghee or salted butter instead.
Pro tip: I recommend using unsalted butter so you can control the level of saltiness in the sauce. If you only have salted butter, that’s okay too–you might just want to use less salt later on.
Herbs & spices:In order to make the best-tasting dish possible, I always use fresh garlic, parsley, black pepper and salt. You can also mix up the herbs for different flavors; for example, I love making a basil butter sauce with freshly chopped basil. If you want to create a lemon butter sauce instead, simply add some freshly squeezed lemon juice right before serving..
Picked For You: chilean sea bass recipe
How to Make Garlic Butter Sauce for Seafood
This one step instruction for how to make garlic butter sauce for seafood, this recipe is easy to follow and packed with flavor. All you have to do is melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Then stir in the minced garlic, white wine, parsley, salt and pepper.
Drizzle it over Seared Scallops for an extra boost of savory deliciousness.
Garlic Butter Sauce For Seafood
There are few things that I enjoy more than seafood and butter. The two flavors just work so well together. My favorite way to use this buttery sauce is on lobster and shrimp, but it can be used in a number of different ways.
For instance, you could use it as a light drizzle over lobster risotto or one of my other personal favorites: grilled shrimp skewers with vegetables (the recipe for which is included below). Whatever way you decide to use it, I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed!
Better than The Boiling Crab or Juicy Crab!
You don’t have to go out and spend lots of money on a seafood feast when you can make your own right at home! This garlic butter sauce is the best I’ve ever had and tried, hands down. And it’s so easy to make that you’ll be able to enjoy fresh, delicious seafood any time you want!
The best seafood to use for a Cajun seafood boil recipe:
You can use any type of shellfish in a Louisiana seafood boil recipe, but some of the most common are crab legs, crawfish (or crawdads), shrimp, and clams. You could even add lobster tails to make it fancier!
In my opinion, crab legs are just as great as crawfish—if not better. But that’s neither here nor there. One awesome thing about seafood is how it soaks up the flavors of spices you season it with.
Collect ingredients for the Seafood Boil:
Having all the ingredients measured out and ready to go before you start cooking makes the process much simpler. You will need the following for this seafood Cajun boil recipe:
- Seafood: You can enjoy crab legs, shrimp, lobster, clams, or crawfish – whichever seafood you like best.
- Sausage: If you’re not a fan of beef sausage, don’t worry–you can leave it out. For this recipe, I used beef sausage, but some of my audience have substituted chicken sausage, andouille sausage, and even meatless products with success.
- Potatoes: Red potatoes are the best type to use for this recipe because they hold their shape and don’t get too mushy. If you only have regular (russet) potatoes on hand, you can still use them, just cut the boiling/cooking time shorter so that they don’t turn to mush.
- Corn on the cob: You can use either frozen or fresh corn on the cob for this recipe. If you’re using fresh, you can cut it in half to yield more servings.
- Optional additions: Don’t write boiled eggs off until you try them! I’ve had some people send me pictures of the broccoli, and other veggies they have added. It’s great, so get creative and make what you like!
Seasonings for seafood boil sauce:
At first glance, the recipe may appear to have A LOT of seasoning; however, upon closer inspection, you will see that herbs, spices, and Cajun seasoning make up the majority with no salt content.
- The primary spices required for this dish are:
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili powder
Cajun crab boil butter sauce is the perfect blend of seasonings and spices. The best part – you can drizzle it over the crab boil, or even better, save some to dip your seafood into!
Can I use an oven steamer bag for a seafood bake?
Make sure to buy oven-safe plastic bags before you begin cooking. Prepare the sauce according to the recipe card below, reserving some for dipping if desired. Add seafood and vegetables to the bag, then pour sauce over top. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, keeping an eye on crab and shrimp so they don’t overcook.
Tips for the perfect seafood broil:
- Start by cooking the potatoes; they’ll take the longest. Red potatoes are best because they won’t get too mushy.
- Shrimp cook VERY quickly, so use large shrimp like colossal or jumbo shrimp.
- You can leave the shells on or peel them off; both taste great.
- This seafood bowl recipe calls for crab legs and shrimp, but you can add or remove any shellfish to fit your preferences.
- Some people say that boiled eggs are one of the best additions to a seafood boil! Why not give it a try?
What is garlic butter sauce made of?
Garlic butter sauce is made from melted butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. It can also be made with other ingredients such as lemon juice or Worcestershire sauce.
What is seafood butter sauce made of?
Seafood butter sauce is a classic French-style sauce, made with melted butter, white wine, shallots, garlic, tarragon and cream. It can also include other ingredients such as lemons or capers. This sauce works great for crab legs!
What is creamy garlic sauce made of?
Creamy garlic sauce is a classic Italian-style sauce, made with melted butter, white wine, garlic, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. It can also include other ingredients such as parsley or red pepper flakes to add flavor. This sauce works well for shrimp dishes!
How do you make garlic butter sauce in the oven?
Garlic butter sauce can be made in the oven by combining melted butter, garlic, parsley and other ingredients in a bowl. Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot with your favorite seafood dish.
How do you thicken butter garlic sauce?
To thicken butter garlic sauce, you can add a small amount of cornstarch dissolved in cold water. Cook the mixture for about 1 minute until thickened and then add more seasonings to taste. You can also use cream to thicken the sauce if desired.
What is garlic sauce made of at the Chinese restaurant?
The garlic sauce made at Chinese restaurants usually contains vegetable oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar. It can also include other ingredients such as oyster sauce or chili paste for extra flavor. This sauce is great for seafood dishes!
How does Gordon Ramsay make garlic butter?
Gordon Ramsay’s garlic butter is made with melted butter, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. He then adds a touch of lemon juice for extra flavor and whisk until the mixture is smooth. This garlic butter can be used for a variety of dishes including seafood!
How long does homemade garlic butter last?
Homemade garlic butter should last for about 5 days in the refrigerator. It is best to store it in an airtight container or jar and use within a few days of making it. If you need to make the butter ahead of time, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
What sauce is made from melted butter?
Many different sauces can be made from melted butter, such as garlic butter sauce, seafood butter sauce and creamy garlic sauce. These sauces are often used for adding flavor to fish and other seafood dishes. They can also be used for making mashed potatoes or vegetables!
What is secret sauce made of?
Secret sauce is a creamy, tangy sauce made from mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. It can also include other ingredients such as Dijon mustard or hot sauce for extra flavor. This sauce is great on burgers and sandwiches!
Can you use oil instead of butter for garlic butter?
Yes, you can use oil instead of butter for garlic butter. However, the flavor will be slightly different than if you were to use butter. It is best to use a neutral-flavored oil such as olive or vegetable oil when making this type of dish.
What is the other name of butter sauce?
Butter sauce is also sometimes referred to as béchamel sauce. Béchamel is a classic French-style sauce, made with milk and butter that are cooked together until thickened. It can be used for adding flavor to dishes such as macaroni and cheese or casseroles.
Conclusion for your question :
Garlic butter sauce is a classic for seafood dishes like shrimp, lobster, and crab. It’s easy to make and can be used as a topping or dipping sauce. -The basic ingredients are garlic, butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can add other herbs or spices if you like. -To make the sauce: melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Serve warm or cold. Now you know how to make garlic butter sauce for seafood right ? Happy Cooking!
Echo Reed is the owner and head chef of darkhorse restaurant. She has been working in the culinary world for over a decade, and opened her own establishment in 2018. Echo is known for her unique style and approach to cooking, which has won her critical acclaim from food critics and diners alike.