Do you love the smell of lavender? I know I do. In fact, it’s one of my favorite scents. So when I saw a recipe for lemon lavender cookies, I knew I had to try them out. And boy, am I glad I did! These cookies are delicious and have the most amazing scent. If you’re looking for a new cookie recipe to try, be sure to give these a go! You won’t regret it.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 2 Why Most People Love Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 3 Ingredients For Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 4 How To Make Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 5 Tips For Making Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 6 Storage Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 7 Other Lemon Lavender Cookies Recipes
- 8 Nutrition In Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 9 The Taste Of Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 10 Health Benefits Of Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 11 How Many Calories Does Lemon Lavender Cookies Have?
- 12 FAQ: Lemon lavender cookies
- 12.1 Does lemon pair well with lavender?
- 12.2 How to store cookies to keep them soft?
- 12.3 What are some other flavor combinations that go well with lemon?
- 12.4 What does baking soda do in a cookie recipe?
- 12.5 How to store lemon lavender cookies?
- 12.6 Is it better to refrigerate or freeze lemon lavender cookies?
- 12.7 How do bakeries keep lemon lavender cookies fresh?
- 12.8 What should not be stored in lemon lavender cookies?
- 12.9 Can you freeze lemon lavender cookies in Ziploc bags?
- 12.10 What is the best container to freeze lemon lavender cookies in?
- 13 Conclusion: How to bake perfect lemon lavender cookies
About Lemon Lavender Cookies
Lemon lavender cookies are a delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion. These cookies have the sweet, zesty flavor of lemon mixed with a fragrant hint of lavender. They make a great dessert to share with friends or to enjoy all on your own.
Whether you are looking for a new cookie recipe to try or just love the scent and flavor of lemon and lavender, these cookies will not disappoint. They have a light, fluffy texture and are bursting with flavor – perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth. So if you’re ready to try something new, be sure to give these Lemon Lavender Cookies a try!
Why Most People Love Lemon Lavender Cookies
There are many reasons why people love lemon lavender cookies. Here are some of the top reasons:
- They have a light, flaky texture that is packed with flavor.
- The sweet and tangy lemon taste pairs perfectly with the delicate lavender flavor.
- They make a great dessert to share with friends or family.
- They are easy to make and only take a few minutes to bake.
If you’re looking for a cookie recipe that is packed with flavor, then these lemon lavender cookies are sure to become one of your new favorites. So why not give them a try today? You’ll be glad that you did!
Picked For You: No bake cookies with old fashioned oats
Ingredients For Lemon Lavender Cookies
Ingredients needed to prepare lemon lavender cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- Zest of one lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Juice from half a lemon
How To Make Lemon Lavender Cookies
Instructions For Making Lemon Lavender Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the lemon zest and dried lavender flowers.
4. Gradually mix in the flour and salt until a dough forms.
5. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookie.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown and set on top.
7. Let cool completely before glazing with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
8. Enjoy your delicious lemon lavender cookies fresh out of the oven!
Tips For Making Lemon Lavender Cookies
1. You can switch up the amount of lemon and lavender depending on your personal preferences – be sure to play around with different proportions until your cookies have the perfect flavor.
2. For a thicker glaze, use less lemon juice and more powdered sugar, or vice versa – just make sure that the consistency is thick but still pourable.
3. You can also add fresh lemon zest on top of the glaze for a little extra flavor and color.
As you can see, making lemon lavender cookies at home is easy and simple. So what are you waiting for? Whip up your own batch today! You won’t regret it.
Storage Lemon Lavender Cookies
Lemon lavender cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week. Simply wrap them tightly or place them in a plastic bag to prevent them from drying out or becoming stale. You can also freeze any leftover cookies by wrapping them tightly and storing them in the freezer for up to three months. When you are ready to eat them again, simply let them defrost at room temperature or warm them up in the oven for a few minutes before serving. Whether you are looking for a tasty dessert to share with friends or just want a little treat to enjoy on your own, these lemon lavender cookies are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!
Other Lemon Lavender Cookies Recipes
If you enjoy lemon lavender cookies and want to try more delicious cookie recipes, here are some other options:
- Lemon Lavender Cupcakes – These tasty cupcakes have a moist, tender texture and are topped with a tangy lemon cream cheese frosting.
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies – A classic recipe popularized in the UK, these shortbread cookies have a delicate lavender flavor and a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies – For a unique twist on the classic lemon cookie, try these ricotta cookies that feature a bright lemon glaze on top.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies – If you love the sweet and tangy flavors of lemon poppy seed muffins, then these cookies are sure to be a hit. With a crunchy exterior and soft center, they are the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
Nutrition In Lemon Lavender Cookies
One serving of lemon lavender cookies contains about 200 calories, 10 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of protein. The cookies are also high in iron, calcium, and vitamin C. If you are watching your weight or have certain dietary restrictions, it is important to keep track of the nutrition information for any recipe that you plan to make and eat. In addition to including a wide range of nutrients, these lemon lavender cookies are also gluten-free and can easily be made vegan by using dairy-free butter or alternative flours such as almond flour or oat flour. Whether you have food allergies or follow specialized dietary restrictions, there is sure to be a recipe out there that will satisfy your cravings!
Lemon lavender cookies are a delicious and unique dessert that is sure to impress any crowd. With a sweet, floral flavor and soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture, they are the perfect treat for any occasion. If you love making homemade desserts or just want to try something new, give these delicious lemon lavender cookies a try!
The Taste Of Lemon Lavender Cookies
If you’ve never tried lemon lavender cookies before, you’re in for a treat! With the sweet and tangy flavor of lemon and the subtle floral taste of lavender, these cookies have a complex and wonderfully unique taste that is hard to beat. Whether you are looking for an easy dessert to make at home or just want a tasty treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, lemon lavender cookies are sure to please. So what are you waiting for? Try making a batch of these delicious cookies today and see for yourself just how good they really are!
Health Benefits Of Lemon Lavender Cookies
Lemon lavender cookies not only taste delicious, but they are also loaded with health benefits. These sweet and savory treats are a great source of iron, calcium, and vitamin C, making them the perfect snack for anyone who wants to stay healthy and strong. In addition to being packed with nutrients, lemon lavender cookies are also gluten-free, making them a great choice for anyone who has food allergies or follows specialized dietary restrictions. Whether you need a quick and easy dessert to make with the kids or just want to treat yourself to a sweet snack, lemon lavender cookies have something for everyone!
How Many Calories Does Lemon Lavender Cookies Have?
If you are watching your weight or counting calories, it’s important to know how many calories are in the foods that you eat. According to the nutrition label, a typical serving of lemon lavender cookies contains around 200 calories, with 10 grams of fat and 22 grams of carbohydrates. If you have any concerns about your calorie intake or are trying to stick to a specific diet, it’s always best to do your research and carefully consider the nutrition information before you decide to eat anything. With so many delicious recipes out there, there is no shortage of tasty treats to satisfy any cravings! So why wait?
Does lemon pair well with lavender?
Yes, lemon and lavender are a great combination, with the sweet and tangy flavor of lemon balancing out the subtle floral taste of lavender. This pairing makes for an incredibly delicious and unique dessert that is sure to impress any crowd. Whether you’re baking at home or looking for a tasty treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, lemon lavender cookies are sure to please!
There are a few different methods you can use to keep cookies soft and fresh. One option is to store them in an airtight container, away from any moisture or heat sources. You can also try storing your cookies between layers of parchment paper or wax paper to help prevent them from sticking together. Additionally, it’s important to avoid over-baking your cookies, as this can cause them to dry out and become crunchy. With these tips in mind, you should have no trouble keeping your lemon lavender cookies soft and delicious!
What are some other flavor combinations that go well with lemon?
Some good options to consider are vanilla, chocolate, or even fruit flavors like strawberry or raspberry. No matter what you choose, just be sure to experiment with different flavor combinations and have fun with it! With so many delicious options out there, the possibilities are endless when it comes to baking cookies. So why wait? Start trying out new flavors today and see for yourself just how good they can be!
Baking soda is a leavening agent that helps to lighten and soften the texture of cookies. It reacts with acidic ingredients like buttermilk, lemon juice, or cream of tartar to produce carbon dioxide gas, which helps your cookies rise as they bake. Without baking soda, cookie recipes can be dense and tough, so it’s an essential ingredient in any good baking recipe. Whether you’re a novice baker or an experienced chef, knowing how to use baking soda is an important skill that will help you make the best possible cookies!
There are several different ways to store lemon lavender cookies, depending on your preferences and the type of container you have available. Some options include storing them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer, wrapping them individually in wax paper or parchment paper, or even freezing them between layers of baking parchment. It’s generally best to avoid keeping cookies in direct sunlight or near heat sources, as this can cause them to dry out and become stale more quickly. With these tips in mind, you should be able to successfully store your lemon lavender cookies for maximum freshness and flavor!
There is no definitive answer to this question, as the best storage method will depend on a variety of factors such as personal preference and the type of container you have available. Some people prefer to refrigerate their cookies to keep them fresh longer, while others find that freezing works better for their needs.
There are a few different techniques that bakeries often use to keep cookies fresh. One popular method is to store them in an airtight container, away from any moisture or heat sources. Many bakers will also wrap their cookies individually in wax paper or parchment paper to help prevent them from sticking together.
There are a few ingredients or types of cookies that may not be ideal for storing with lemon lavender cookies. These can include any highly acidic ingredients, such as lemon juice, cream of tartar, or buttermilk, as well as other delicate baked goods like cakes or pastries.
Yes, you can freeze lemon lavender cookies in Ziploc bags. To do so, simply place your cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet and transfer them to the freezer to flash-freeze them. Once they are fully frozen, you can transfer them into Ziploc bags or other airtight containers for long-term storage. Just be sure to remove as much air as possible from the bags before sealing them shut, as this can help prevent freezer burn and keep your cookies fresh for longer. With these tips in mind, you should be able to successfully freeze lemon lavender cookies in Ziploc bags or other types of containers!
This is a great way to make your favorite lemon lavender cookies last longer! Store them in an airtight container or wrap with plastic and put into the fridge. They will keep for 5 days at most before they start getting dry, so you can enjoy one fresh cookie every time.
Looking for a delicious and unique dessert to try? Look no further than these amazing lemon lavender cookies! With their sweet and tangy flavor, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and wide range of health benefits, these tasty treats are sure to please anyone who tries them. Whether you’re an experienced baker or just want to try something new, these delicious cookies are the perfect choice for any occasion. So what are you waiting for? Try baking a batch of lemon lavender cookies today and see for yourself just how good they can be!
Echo Reed is the owner and head chef of darkhorse restaurant. She has been working in the culinary world for over a decade, and opened her own establishment in 2018. Echo is known for her unique style and approach to cooking, which has won her critical acclaim from food critics and diners alike.