Making your own spaghetti and meatballs is a great way to save money while enjoying a classic Italian dish. This Olive Garden spaghetti and meatballs recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is delicious. Plus, you can adapt it to your own taste preferences. Give it a try!
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction Of Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 2 Ingredients For Making Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 3 Equipment Used To Make Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 4 Instructions To Make Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 5 Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs Substitutions
- 6 Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs Variations
- 7 Pairings Or Side Dishes To Serve With Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 8 How To Store Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 9 Tips To Make Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs Even Better
- 10 FAQ: Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 10.1 How do I make this dish even healthier?
- 10.2 How should I modify this recipe based on any dietary restrictions or preferences?
- 10.3 What are the meatballs from Olive Garden made of?
- 10.4 How many calories are in Olive Garden’s spaghetti and meatballs dinner?
- 10.5 Does Olive Garden spaghetti have meat?
- 10.6 What is pasta filled with meat called?
- 10.7 Is Olive Garden pasta made fresh?
- 10.8 How many calories in a full plate of spaghetti and meatballs?
- 10.9 Is it healthy to eat spaghetti and meatballs?
- 10.10 How many meatballs in a serving of spaghetti and meatballs?
- 10.11 What is one serving of spaghetti and meatballs?
- 11 Conclusion: Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
Introduction Of Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
Olive Garden spaghetti and meatballs is a classic Italian dish that is enjoyed by people all over the world. This easy-to-follow recipe makes it simple to prepare this delicious meal at home, and you can easily adapt it to suit your own taste preferences. Whether you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner or want to entertain guests, this recipe is sure to satisfy your craving for something savory and satisfying. So why not give it a try today?
Ingredients For Making Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 (16-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
Equipment Used To Make Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- Large bowl: This will be used for mixing the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Frying pan: This will be used to cook the meatballs on the stovetop.
- Wooden spoon or spatula: This will be used for stirring and mixing the ingredients together.
- Measuring cups and spoons: These will be used for accurately measuring the ingredients.
- Spaghetti pot: This will be used to cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- Baking sheet: This will be used to bake the meatballs in the oven.
See also: How long is pasta good for in the fridge
Instructions To Make Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix everything together until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and set them aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs to the pan and cook, flipping occasionally, until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer the meatballs to a plate, leaving any leftover juices behind in the pan.
- Add the marinara sauce to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve the spaghetti topped with the meatballs and a sprinkling of parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs Substitutions
- You can substitute ground pork or ground chicken for ground beef if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- If you want to save even more money, you can use breadcrumbs made from stale bread and skip the grated Parmesan cheese. This will reduce the cost of this dish while still ensuring a delicious, satisfying meal.
- If you want to make this dish even healthier, try swapping out the spaghetti noodles for zucchini noodles. This will reduce your carbohydrate intake and increase the number of vegetables in your diet!
Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or trying to entertain guests, there’s no better way to enjoy all of the delicious flavors of Italy than with a hearty helping of spaghetti and meatballs.
Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs Variations
While the dish is delicious just as it’s written, you can also customize it to suit your preferences. For example, if you prefer a meatier sauce, try adding in some sliced mushrooms to the marinara sauce along with the ground beef.
Likewise, if you love cheese and want to add an extra flavor boost, top your spaghetti with a generous sprinkling of shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
And if you want an ever lighter, lower-carb alternative to regular spaghetti, try swapping out the noodles for zucchini noodles cooked in the same way as traditional pasta.
The possibilities are endless with this versatile and comforting Italian classic!
Pairings Or Side Dishes To Serve With Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
For a truly authentic pairing, serve your meatballs and spaghetti with a side of Caesar salad or Italian wedding soup.
Or, if you want to lighten up your meal while still enjoying all of the rich flavors that make this dish a family favorite, try serving it with some roasted vegetables like Brussels sprouts or green beans.
No matter how you choose to serve your spaghetti and meatballs, it’s sure to be a delicious, comforting dish that the whole family will love. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
How To Store Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
If you have any leftover spaghetti and meatballs, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Alternatively, you can freeze your leftovers for up to 3 months—just make sure to thaw fully before reheating.
When it comes to storing and reheating leftovers, always make sure to cook your spaghetti noodles until they are fully heated all the way through.
If you prefer, you can also freeze your meatballs separately from the spaghetti, so that you can easily reheat them without worrying about overcooking or drying out the pasta.
With these easy storage and reheating tips in mind, you’ll always have a delicious and comforting meal on hand whenever you need it!
Tips To Make Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs Even Better
- If you want to save time, purchase pre-minced garlic instead of using the fresh kind.
- To cut down on prep time even further, try using frozen meatballs instead of making your own from scratch.
- Consider experimenting with different types of pasta, such as bowtie or farfalle, to change the texture of your dish.
- To make this recipe even more kid-friendly and fun, try using meatballs made entirely out of mozzarella cheese! Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
With these tips in mind, you can easily take your spaghetti and meatballs from good to great! So what are you waiting for? Get cooking today!
FAQ: Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
How do I make this dish even healthier?
One great way to make this dish healthier is to swap out the spaghetti noodles for zucchini noodles. This will reduce your carbohydrate intake and increase the number of vegetables in your diet. Additionally, you can try using leaner ground beef or turkey, as well as incorporating more fresh vegetables like mushrooms into your marinara sauce for a boost of flavor without the extra calories. Finally, you can also try experimenting with different types of cheese as a topping, like a mozzarella or Parmesan, which are lower in fat than other types of cheese. With these simple swaps and additions, your spaghetti and meatballs will be healthier than ever!
How should I modify this recipe based on any dietary restrictions or preferences?
If you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, you can easily modify this recipe to suit your needs. For example, if you are vegetarian and cannot eat meat, simply leave the ground beef out of the marinara sauce. Additionally, if you need to limit your carb intake for medical reasons, try swapping out the spaghetti noodles for zucchini noodles or another type of low-carb pasta. Alternatively, if you are vegan or allergic to dairy, consider leaving out the cheese in the meatballs and replacing it with nut butter like almond or peanut butter. With these simple modifications, you can enjoy your favorite Italian dish while still following any special dietary guidelines!
Conclusion: Olive Garden Spaghetti And Meatballs
Olive Garden spaghetti and meatballs is an iconic Italian dish that is loved by people of all ages. Whatever your tastes or dietary needs, this recipe is sure to be a hit! Whether you are serving it as a weeknight meal with the family or bringing it along to your next potluck, this dish is easy to make and endlessly versatile. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking today! Thanks for reading at Dhtavern!
Echo Reed is the owner and head chef of darkhorse restaurant. She has been working in the culinary world for over a decade, and opened her own establishment in 2018. Echo is known for her unique style and approach to cooking, which has won her critical acclaim from food critics and diners alike.