Are you looking for a delicious and healthy cookie recipe? Look no further than these almond flour peanut butter cookies. They are easy to make and perfect for a quick snack or dessert. Plus, they are gluten-free and vegan-friendly. So everyone can enjoy them! Give this recipe a try today. You won’t be disappointed.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why You Will Love This Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
- 2 What Kind Of Peanut Butter To Use?
- 3 Ingredients To Make Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 Equipment You Need To Use To Make Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 5 How To Make This Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
- 6 Tips For Making Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 7 What To Serve With Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
- 8 Variations Of Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 9 How To Store Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
- 10 FAQ: Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 10.1 What happens if you use almond flour in cookies?
- 10.2 Why do my almond flour cookies fall apart?
- 10.3 Do almond flour cookies taste different?
- 10.4 Which is healthier almond or peanut butter?
- 10.5 Is there a trick to baking with almond flour?
- 10.6 Is it healthier to use almond flour instead of regular flour?
- 10.7 Does almond flour need baking powder?
- 10.8 What makes cookies soft & chewy?
- 10.9 Does almond butter burn belly fat?
- 10.10 Should I use baking soda or baking powder in cookies?
- 10.11 How can I make my cookies fluffier instead of flat?
- 10.12 Which is better for cookies butter or oil?
- 10.13 What to add to cookies to make them moist?
- 10.14 Is butter or shortening better for cookies?
- 10.15 Is it OK to use melted butter instead of softened?
- 11 Conclusion: Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Why You Will Love This Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
These almond flour peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy, and full of delicious flavor. They are also an easy grab-and-go snack that won’t leave you feeling guilty! Plus, they use simple ingredients like almond flour, peanut butter, coconut sugar, and vegan butter – so there’s no need to worry about running to the store for a bunch of expensive ingredients.
These cookies are also gluten-free and vegan-friendly, so they’re perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions or food sensitivities. And if you’re trying to watch your sugar intake, these are still sweet treats that won’t overload your body with added sugar.
The best part is that these almond flour peanut butter cookies are so easy to make. You can have them ready in under 30 minutes with just a few simple steps. They’re also freezer-friendly, so you can make a batch and keep them for later. Now that’s convenient!
What Kind Of Peanut Butter To Use?
For this recipe, use natural peanut butter that doesn’t contain any added sugar or oils. This will give the cookies the best taste and texture. You can also use other nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter if you prefer. Just be sure to check the ingredients list for any added sugars or oils.
See also: what does butterbeer taste like
Ingredients To Make Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, natural and creamy
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted and cooled slightly
Equipment You Need To Use To Make Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper (optional)
How To Make This Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in peanut butter and melted vegan butter and stir until fully combined.
- Using a spatula or your hands, form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Tips For Making Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- If you want extra crunchy cookies, press each cookie ball down slightly with a fork before baking.
- For a fun twist, try adding chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the batter.
- To keep these cookies fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze these cookies – just make sure to pack them in an airtight container or bag. They will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
These almond flour peanut butter cookies are so delicious and easy to make. You won’t be able to resist grabbing just one (or two!) every time you pass by! Give this recipe a try today – you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
These almond flour peanut butter cookies are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a glass of milk or vegan ice cream for a yummy dessert. They also pair nicely with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa for an afternoon pick-me-up. You can even top them with melted chocolate or drizzle some nut butter over for an extra special treat. Enjoy!
Variations Of Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
There are many variations you can make with this recipe. Try adding some different spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for a spiced-up version. You can also replace the peanut butter with other nut butter, like almond or cashew butter.
You can also use regular sugar instead of coconut sugar if you prefer and add nuts or dried fruit to the batter. For even more flavor, you can try adding vanilla extract or dark chocolate chips.
Get creative and make your own version of these delicious almond flour peanut butter cookies – you’re sure to love them! Enjoy!
How To Store Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies?
To keep these cookies fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze these cookies – just make sure to pack them in an airtight container or bag. They will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
If you plan on freezing the cookies, be sure to let them thaw for a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
FAQ: Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Cookies and scones may spread more than cake, biscuits, and muffins. When you add almond flour to yeast-based recipes, the bread or rolls become moister and more tender — great for soft dinner rolls, but not so much for crusty/chewy bread or pizza crusts.
Because you’re removing the gluten that holds cookies together, almond flour cookies can fall apart more easily than other types of cookies. Instead, we’ll use an egg and a pinch of cornstarch to keep the cookies from falling apart.
Additionally, almond flour does not add any “almond” flavoring to food, however natural flour or almond meal will add somewhat of a different flavor due to the skin that’s left on the product. So it all depends on the consistency and flavor you desire!
Which is healthier almond or peanut butter?
Because it contains more vitamins, minerals, and fiber than peanut butter, almond butter is slightly healthier. Both nut butter has roughly the same number of calories and sugar, but peanut butter has slightly more protein than almond butter.
Is there a trick to baking with almond flour?
Almond flour-based baked goods bake faster. Lower the temperature by 25o and cook for one-fourth the time when converting a wheat flour recipe to almond flour (keep an eye on your baked goods to ensure they don’t burn).
Is it healthier to use almond flour instead of regular flour?
Almond flour is a popular substitute for wheat flour. It’s low in carbs, high in nutrients, and has a slightly sweeter flavor. Almond flour may also provide more health benefits than traditional wheat flour, such as reducing “bad” LDL cholesterol and insulin resistance ( 1 , 2 ).
Does almond flour need baking powder?
Eggs can be used as a leavening agent. Baking powder cannot be used in almond flour baking since it includes baking soda. Instead of yeast, eggs (or applesauce or bananas) can be used as a leavening agent in baked goods to help them rise and achieve a light and fluffy texture.
The long and short of it is that chewy cookies are all about moisture content. Dense and chewy cookies incorporate more moisture into the batter. This can be accomplished by substituting wet and dry ingredients or simply changing the way certain ingredients are combined.
Does almond butter burn belly fat?
Consuming almond butter will help you shed body fat, particularly in the belly and legs. They are also high in protein and fiber while being low in carbs. That is, they keep you fuller for longer, allowing you to snack less and consume fewer calories.
Baking soda is commonly used to make chewy cookies, whilst baking powder is commonly used to make light and airy cookies. Because baking powder contains a variety of substances (baking soda, cream of tartar, cornstarch, and so on), using it instead of pure baking soda will alter the flavor of your cookies.
- Use a variety of fats.
- Do not melt the butter.
- Your dough should be chilled.
- Increase the temperature of the oven.
- Hot cookie pans should never be used.
- Add an additional egg.
- Baking powder can be used in place of baking soda.
- Taller cookie balls should be formed.
Baking with oil results in moist, tender baked goods. Oil produces exceptionally moist baked goods because it is liquid at room temperature. Because butter is solid at room temperature, baked goods made with it are (arguably) a little dryer.
Corn Syrup should be added. Adding extra water will not solve the problem. However, one liquid that we do recommend is either corn syrup or golden syrup. It aids in moisture retention and makes your cookies extra chewy. Add in 1/4 cup of corn syrup to your dough and enjoy how moist your cookies turn out!
Cookies made entirely of butter will not rise as much and will spread more, but the edges will be crisper and have a rich buttery flavor. Cookies made entirely of shortening will bake higher and hold their shape better during baking.
Is it OK to use melted butter instead of softened?
Melted butter does not play the same role in leavening pastries as softened and cold butter because it is not creamed and aerated, nor is it kept in cold pieces that create steam in the oven. It does, however, contribute to the texture. For example, using melted butter in a cookie recipe will result in chewy cookies.
Conclusion: Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
These almond flour peanut butter cookies are a delicious and easy snack that you can make in no time. They’re naturally sweetened and full of protein, making them a guilt-free treat that you can enjoy anytime! So what are you waiting for? Get baking and try this healthy and delicious almond flour peanut butter cookie recipe today! Enjoy! Thanks for reading at Dhtavern!
Echo Reed is the owner and head chef of darkhorse restaurant. She has been working in the culinary world for over a decade, and opened her own establishment in 2018. Echo is known for her unique style and approach to cooking, which has won her critical acclaim from food critics and diners alike.